Cladding is the process of applying a different material on the exterior or interior walls of your house to provide another layer of skin. This process is also called facing or siding. You can choose stone cladding, timber cladding, brick cladding, etc., depending on the material you want to use.
The Advantages of Cladding your Home
- Cladding can protect your home from outside threats because it’s like you are applying a protective layer on the walls of your home. In a way, cladding gives your home more durability and longevity.
- Aesthetics and Value. Cladding your home can really add to its beauty. The materials you use for cladding come in many different colors, textures, etc. By improving the look of your home, you are also raising its value, in case you decide to sell it.
- Easy to Maintain. Most homeowners paint their homes to maintain its durability and look. With cladding, repainting is no longer necessary. Cleaning the exterior will do to maintain its look.
- Unique Feel and Cozier Ambience. Cladding your home interior can also give the inside of your home a more unique feel. It will feel cozier compared to when there is no cladding.
- With cladding, you are adding a layer to the walls of your house, so, you are not only protecting it but giving the right insulation to your home without consuming electricity.
Cladding may be expensive but because of the benefits you can get, it is a cost-effective option for your home.